We're looking for a Digital Event Assistant!
Duration: 11 Week assignment starting Monday, June 15th
Commitment: 25 Hours/Week
Arts & Culture Initiative of South Asia (ACISA) is a non- profit organization with a vision to promote cross cultural understanding with the aim to bringing a diverse community together in celebration of life, culture, art and tradition.
Our Projects – Vibrant Brampton, Visual Arts of South Asia-Arts Festival (V.A.S.A) and META Brampton – Digital Arts Music & Media Festival, focus on promoting cross-cultural understanding, which is critical for the success of multiculturalism that is one of the cornerstones of the Canadian constitution and growth of economy. Cultural expressions are tangible in the form of art, literature, music, dance, theatre, film, storytelling etc. Such manifestations can also be of economic value. Projects such as Vibrant Brampton, Visual Arts of South Asia-Arts Festival (V.A.S.A) and META Brampton – Digital Arts Music & Media Festival are not only harbingers of social development, but also bring economic value to local business community.
As we pivot our efforts during this pandemic, we are looking for a Digital Events Assistant to help us bring our events online this summer.
- Assist in the development and the organization of digital event logistics, including agendas, schedules, timelines, task lists, artist coordination and social media management
- Be one of the main points of contact when it comes to communicating with artists on all aspects of the various events.
- Ensure that artist/event information is updated on the ACISA-affiliated websites
- Manage ACISA’s various social media accounts, ensuring content is being posted daily and that we are growing our audience
- Interact with the broader team and Board of Directors to provide support and assist in other administrative duties when needed.
- Youth between the ages of 18 – 30 years old
- Currently enrolled or has completed post-secondary education (University or College) specializing in either event management, marketing or public relations
- Must have experience coordinating events of all sizes. Digital events are an asset.
- Social media savvy – must have experience managing social media content across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Graphic design skills is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superior communication skills
- Must be able to work from home
- Must be available to support ACISA events and initiatives, which includes digital events during weeknights and evenings.
- This job is a part of the Canada Summer Jobs program